Our leadership at Southwest Christian Church would like to encourage you to participate in a prayer initiative that will start today, March 19, 2020.
At 4:47 each day whether in the morning, the afternoon or both if you choose, we are asking you to read and reflect on Philippians 4:4-7
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Then, after reading that text, take some time to pray for our community, country and world:
- Focus your prayers on the need for true reform and action of how black people are thought of and treated in our country and world.
- Pray for “the peace of God which transcends all understanding to guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus” as we address this issue.
- Pray for the family of George Floyd.
- Pray for those in government and law enforcement to bring about needed change that does not tolerate racism or any inappropriate treatment of any human by those in authority.
- Pray that we will truly listen to those who have experienced racism and not allow the media, or personal political views, to shape our worldview but that we will be transformed, as Paul says in Romans 12: “by the renewing of our minds – so that we will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – his good, pleasing and perfect will.”
- Pray for healing for those who currently have the virus.
- Pray for the family members, friends, and medical personnel who are treating and caring those infected.
- Pray for those who are currently working to find a cure or vaccine to help stop this virus.
- Pray for those at any level who are making crucial decisions to keep people safe and healthy.
- Pray that this situation will cause families, schools, businesses, organizations and communities to come together and re-prioritize to love God and love people first in life.
Please remember that we have online giving available on our web-site. Simply go to our site: www.swchristianchurch.org and click on the giving tab at the top right side. Then click on “ways to give” and choose the option best for you.
I hope that you and your family are healthy and have what you need. Please let us know if you have needs or know those who do – so that we might serve them.