SWCC Co-Op for Virtual Learning in CCPS Program
SWCC is offering a supervision program for kids in Kindergarten through 5th grade during the Virtual Learning decision for Coweta County Public Schools.
SWCC Co-Op for Virtual Learning will provide a place where students enrolled in face to face school option for 2020-2021 have a safe place to complete their coursework and virtual classes in a small group setting. They will also be afforded the opportunity to socialize with fellow students in a group with two adults and 12 kids.
Option 1: Hours: 7:15 a.m.-4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday $125
Option 2: Hours: 7:45-2:45, Monday through Friday $105
Option 3: Hours: 7:45-2:45 -Tuesday/Thursday $45
Kids will be:
- given assistance in logging onto their assigned class times.
- provided with guidance and reminders to complete assigned tasks.
We would provide a statement of acknowledgement for parents to sign our protocols for safety, security, and health as well as the policy if a child in a specific group is diagnosed with Covid-19. It will be clearly stated that we are not a teacher or tutor, but a support system to provide supervision during the school day.
Facilitators would be screened by:
Application, Reference checks, Criminal Background checks, and Ministry Safe Training as well as a signed acknowledgment of this as an Alcohol, Tobacco and Controlled-substance free zone.
Child Applications will be received and acceptance will be granted as space comes available:
- We will try to group by grade-level according to numbers.
- Grade Options Kindergarten through 5th grade
Requirements for enrollment:
- Proof of enrollment in Coweta County Schools
- Only for those originally enrolled in the traditional face-to-face model, not the Empower Program
- Chromebook (fully charged), charger
- Headphones with mic-capability
- Log-in information for Google Classroom, other platforms utilized by child and communication from teacher regarding schedule.
- Daily Lunch
- Refillable Water Bottle
- Required items and assignments from school teachers
- No outside items other than listed above
What we provide:
- Assistance in logging onto their assigned class times.
- Guidance and reminders to complete assigned tasks.
- Classrooms with limited size (max is 12)
- Individual pencil boxes that will be assigned to students with scissors, pencils, eraser and crayons, if needed
- Outdoor Time
- Internet for school activities. (reliant on devices provided by student)
What we are not:
- A school environment
- Supplementing coursework provided by the Coweta County School system.
Option 1: 7:00-4:00-Weekly Fee $120,
Option 2: 7:45-2:45 Fee $105,
Option 3: 7:45-2:45, Fee $45
Late Pick-up will be at 4:05 for kids in Option 1 and 2:55 for kids in Option 2 or 3. For any child that is not picked-up by an approved person by the time specified above, a $5 fee per 5 minutes will be charged.
Payment will be expected in advance on the Friday prior to the week’s attendance. If payment is not received, a $10 late fee will be charged per child. Payment will be expected regardless of attendance.
- Raise your hand if you’d like to speak.
- Don’t speak if someone else is speaking.
- Don’t leave the group without permission.
- Be kind and gentle to each other at all times.
We reserve the right to dismiss kids from the program who are non-compliant or inhibit other children’s learning.